- Discover an unparalleled princely castle which keeps the second largest collection of ancient paintings after the Louvre.
- Admire the works of art of Raphael, Ingres or even Botticelli.
- Escape in the vast domain's park to discover its 3 gardens from the XVII and XIX centuries with a large french flowerbed designed by André le Nôtre.
- Learn the secrets of horse training and enjoy a show in the Grandes Écuries.
- Discover the Horse museum presenting with more than 200 objects and works of art the significance of the relationship between men and horses since the beginning of civilizations.
Domaine de Chantilly | Open Ticket
In a few words
Located one hour from Paris, the Domaine de Chantilly is one of the gems of the French heritage. It is home to the intact treasures of a prince from the XIX century, Henri d'Orléans, Duke of Aumale and son of king Louis-Philippe, and it presents itself as an authentic place of relaxation, pleasure and discoveries.
The castle, which is home to the Condé museum, is made of princely apartments from the XVIII century, a remarkable painting collection - more than 800 masterpieces from artists such as Fra Angelico, Botticelli, Raphaël, Poussin, Delacroix, Watteau, Ingres - and a library which keeps more than 13 000 books from the Middle Ages to the XIX century. Do not miss the graphic arts cabinet which, with 2 to 3 exhibitions per year, reveals new etchings, drawings, engravings and pictures.
After a visit of the castle, go to the Grandes Écuries. The horseriders of the domain's equestrian company will show you how they train horses or an equestrian presentation. This real palace for horses was built during the XVIII century and it also home to the Horse museum which was thought for the whole family.
Finally, enjoy the gardens of 115 ha and especially a gourmet break in the Hamlet. In one of these small houses which has inspired Marie-Antoinette for her Petit Trianon in Versailles, you can taste a delicious bowl of home made Chantilly cream !
What is included?
- Access to the castle, permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
- Access to the park and the gardens.
- Access to the Grandes Écuries, Horse museum, equestrian demonstrations and a demonstration of horse training (30 minutes).
- Audioguide included according to on-site availability.
Good to know
- The tickets are valid all year except during Plants days (Journée des plantes) at the end of May and at the end of October during 3 days, and during Arts et Élégance (30th of June).
- Make the most of Chantilly to enjoy a meal at the restaurant la Capitainerie, located in the former kitchens of Vatel (not included in the ticket).
- The Domaine de Chantilly also offers more than 150 equestrian shows per year.
The Château is open from 10 am to 6 pm/8 pm for the Grounds
The Great Stables are open from 1 pm to 6 pm
Latest access 1 hour before ticket desks close
Closed on Tuesdays